Complaint to the EU- quality of protective pads and pants

To Eric Mamer, EU

Hi. 
I am a member of the press. I would like to send a small complaint. It concerns the "CE" certified products.

I was snowboarding and I wear these protective pants. I wear a whole body armour for downhill biking and two pairs of protective pants over it. It is all CE certified. 

It should be a protective pants but they are not of a good quality though they were certified.  Now I lie in bed because I hit the ground and my back is sore. I have problems to walk. 

I wore branded products. With CE certified inserts for back bones protection. Even when wearing three layers :

-whole body armour for downhill biking
-a pair of crash pants
-over it another pair

I am now having problems to bend my back. It is already third time in the last couple of months that these protective pants or knee pads failed to protect or protected too little. Only in this year I have a sore knee and a sore back. I wear back protector but it seems that it is not good enough. 

I ride snowboard in a motocross helmet because I crashed in a professional snowboarding helmet that was brand new and this helmet failed. It was designed as a single use only and it was written in a small print. I have not noticed this information.  I crashed and had problems with my face- part of my face dropped by itself, after the crash. The helmet was completely new. I paid 400 euro. Now I can only throw it away. 

In this year I wear also two pairs of protective pads for knees because one was not enough.  I was bleeding from my knee after hitting ground when having only one layer of these "CE" certified products. Until now my knee aches. 

I would buy better body armour for downhill biking but I doubt that the certified products are of good quality.  

I ride snowboard also backwards- and I wonder whether I can use a neck brace when moving backwards (it is called "to ride switch"). Will my head tore off at the crash- in case the neck brace was designed only to ride with the head to the front? What would happen if I crashed in a neck brace having my head twisted to the back by 180 degrees? 
 
Generally these protective systems are bulky to wear, difficult to get dressed, the straps do not work properly letting the pads to slide down and they offer very limited help when crashed. I am now afraid to use the snowpark. I crashed twice or thrice yesterday. I am not young any more.  I am 40.

By the way: does anyone produce snow or ski gloves that stay dry in the case of rain? As far as I asked- no one knows.  They stay dry only for a couple minutes of rain.  

Cheers
Adam Fularz
Poland


--
-------
Merkuriusz Polski
Polish News Agency polishnews.pl

Komentarze

Popularne posty

Instytut Ekonomiczny Zielona Góra

Independent Trader.pl - Portal Finansowy

Warsaw Enterprise Institute