List do Pan Christopher Todd, Komisja Europejska, w sprawie spotkania w Lubniewicach- Konwent Marszałków

To:
Christopher Todd, KE

Proszę o przesłanie listu/ please forward it to the recipient

Concerns: 

CHAP(2019)03231 & CHAP(2019)03171


Sire,
We spoke some time ago about infrastructure, while You visited Zielona Góra (Gruenberg) in Poland. I watched now Your "episode" in the Konwent Marszałków meeting. 
 
The problem with infrastructure in Poland is for example the infrastructure of the last mile.

Imagine that I use a kick scooter. I can do a tailwhip (a difficult trick) with my push scooter. But it is very hard to ride on pavements as they are destroyed. Poland is unlike the rest of the EU when it comes to pavements, sidewalks. Cars can park on the sidewalk so that veryt little space is left for me when I try to ride a push scooter (being not anymore a young person). Yesterday my hips started to pain, I had to stop my ride when being with friends, due to the state of pavements, sidewalks. 

Only in the town of Nowa Sól (Neusalz) the pavements have a "flat lane" - these lanes for scooters, skateboards, bicycles are flat, and adapted for scooters, skateboards, longboards with tiny wheels. 
I would be happy to allow the use of push scooters, skateboards, in the cities. My wheels in my scooter have a diameter of 110 mm, they are made of rubber, and there is no air inside, so that bumpy sidewalk creates pain to my hips...I really like to use a push scooter for innercity trips, but in most of the towns the pavements are in such disastrous state (due to cars parking on them and ageing) that I broke my push scooter multiple times already. They are not a cheap ones, last time I paid approx. 50 Euro for some tiny spare part, and a single titanium t-bar for a push scooter (popular among riders in my town) costs like 300-400 euro.

Cheers,
Adam Fularz, economist and newspaper editor,
Zielona Góra, Poland
Dolina Zielona 24a

copy to the Ministry of Infrastructure

Komentarze

Popularne posty

Instytut Ekonomiczny Zielona Góra

Independent Trader.pl - Portal Finansowy

Warsaw Enterprise Institute